- January 05th, 2016
- News and Events
Business Insider recently put together a great list of predictions for the housing market for 2016, and we can’t help but to be excited at their outlook. They narrowed data to a list of 10 trends to look for in the coming year—and we are sure that after reading you will agree that 2016 is a great time to buy a new construction home. Highlights of their list include:
- Home prices will rise, but moderately.
- There will be only a small increase in mortgage interest rates.
- Credit will become more flexible.
- It will continue to be cheaper to buy than rent. (Buying is 36 percent cheaper than renting nationwide for millenials, and Trulia says now is the best time to buy since 2012!)
- The suburbs will make a comeback.
- Buyers want greener, more efficient, smarter homes.
- New home construction will come back big time. New home sales grew 15 percent in 2015, and are predicted to jump 26 percent in 2016!
Check out the complete list and full picture on Business Insider. We are looking forward to a great 2016 at Highland Woods, where we have new construction, in the suburbs, with efficient and smart homes galore!
Make an appointment to visit to find your new home today!