- March 10th, 2011
Elgin is a long-standing city in Illinois, incorporated in 1854. Over 100,000 people live in Elgin, a warm, welcoming community to call home. And just because the community has been around a while, it doesn’t mean it’s standing still—the city is always improving, with an eye toward the future. Which makes it a great place to invest in and live in a home.
A few exciting happenings and statistics:
- Crime in Elgin is currently at a 20 year low.
- The downtown area is art-friendly. This summer, a downtown building will be renovated as art space, where 55 artists will be living, working, and exhibiting their work.
- Thanks in part to an $8 million grant from the state of Illinois, construction will begin on the downtown Elgin riverfront, developing the space for walk and biking paths and beautiful views.
- In the past 6 years, 5,000 jobs have been added in the community and 6 million square feet of new commercial/industrial construction.
- Dozens of new and improved parks have been added to the community in recent years.
- 100 miles of streets have been rebuilt in the past 3 years.
So while Elgin is a well-established community, it is certainly not stagnant. People all around the community will tell you it’s a great place to live! If you’d like to look into building a home at Highland Woods to be a part of this great community, set up an appointment to visit today!