When you live at Highland Woods, you will not be short of options to burn energy. Both the community and the Elgin area offer plenty of fun ways to stay fit and active for people of all ages. Check out a few of our favorites below:
1. Highland Woods Parks and Path. Out your own back door you will find seven neighborhood parks and playgrounds, over five miles of nature trails and bike or walking paths, and 196 acres of open space.
2. Highland Woods Owners Club. At the Owners Club you can work out in the state of the art fitness room that includes a visible child activity area, treadmills, free weights, elliptical trainers, and weight machines. During the warm months you can also enjoy the lap pool, hydrotherapy pool, triple loop waterslide and the shallow splash children’s water park. The Owners Club also includes tennis, sand volley ball, and basketball courts.
3. The Centre of Elgin. The Centre of Elgin is a beautiful recreation facility in downtown Elgin that includes a health and fitness club, 3 full sized basketball courts, 2 racquetball courts, a walking track, and a climbing wall. One big highlight is the indoor Adventure Island, an aquatic center with a water slide, diving boards, and a zero depth pool for little ones. It also includes a therapy pool and a lap pool.
4. Elgin Sports Complex. The Elgin Sports Complex offers ten lighted softball fields, ten full-sized soccer fields, two sand volleyball courts, and The Hill, which is the Chicago area’s premier BMX track.
5. Fox River Bike Trail. The Fox River Bike Trail includes 36 miles of bike path that runs through nature preserves and towns along the Fox River. Serious bikers can ride for hours, or families with small children can make a short trip from one town to another and explore.
Make an appointment to visit Highland Woods today so you can have access to all of these fun ways to get moving.